Did you think yes but clicked no?

Click here to return to the manifesto.

Do your own Personalized
Safer sex check


Testing and counselling sites

If you have any questions or concerns, or suspect you may have been infected with HIV or any other sexually transmitted infection (STI), we recommend making a personal appointment with a counsellor. During this appointment, you will be able to discuss whether you need an HIV test or any other examinations, for example.

VCT (Voluntary Counselling and Testing) centres are anonymous locations that meet the recommendations for voluntary HIV counselling and testing issued by the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH). These counselling sites ensure that clients receive advice that is tailored to their individual needs, and some of them specialise in men who have sex with men (MSM) or in migrants. Many of the VCT counselling centres also offer testing for other sexually transmitted infections.


Anyone who has experienced a risk situation should contact a PEP counselling centre immediately to determine whether emergency treatment is necessary. PEP stands for “post-exposure prophylaxis” and is an important measure aimed at reducing the risk of infection. Starting emergency treatment within 48 hours – the sooner, the better – after contact with HIV results in a good chance of not being infected with the virus. Emergency PEP treatment is only offered at accredited centres, and these centres are usually affiliated with large hospitals. The checkpoints for men who have sex with men also offer PEP.

The Risk Check provides a rough assessment of whether you should contact a PEP counselling centre.